This is yet another of the short little songs that Cheryl makes up in the car when she goes on tour.
Cheryl normally listens to news radio when driving, but sometimes listens to music. She was travelling and listening to a lot of country music. She noticed that there were a lot of country music songs about country music. They are often in a bar, some guy wants to hear some song. He often mention the names of country music singers (like George, Willie, and Waylon).
Cheryl noticed that there wasn't any such song in Folk Music. So she decided to write one. But since it is about folk music, it can't be in a bar, so it is in a bakery.
- Play Me a Folk Song
- Words And Music By
- Cheryl Wheeler
- Pour me a carrot juice and pass me a muffin,
- then leave me alone.
- Don't wanna read "Sing Out", don't care about nothin'
- since my baby left home.
- Walked off o' my job with the union mob
- hope I won't be broke long.
- I'm feelin sad and kinda mad
- Oh please play me a folk song.
- Play me some Woody, Seeger Paxton and Malvina
- Barbara Allen, I Ain't a Marchin', Stewball and Corrina
- Oh since you left I'm so bereft, I spend my days all choked up
- Got nothin' left to lose, just cryin' in my juice
- and really gettin' folked up.
- (P) July 4, 2000
- Penrod And Higgins Music / Amachrist Music
- ACF Music Group
- International Copyright Reserved